• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market picking up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market picking up

I haven't posted a new CV anywhere recently but yesterday had 4 phone calls from agents in one hour. It looks like they are ramping up for the new year, all were direct and to the point, no fishing for contacts.

Agents working...on a SATURDAY?

I call BS

EDIT: I am an idiot that needs more coffee.

Good to hear about the market picking up though. I personally need to get off the bench ASAP so that's good news for me

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
      I haven't posted a new CV anywhere recently but yesterday had 4 phone calls from agents in one hour. It looks like they are ramping up for the new year, all were direct and to the point, no fishing for contacts.
      Yep, more than enough justification in those two sentences to make me believe that a market covering every aspect of IT and IT management is picking up as a whole. If only economic forecasting were that easy.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
        I got one agent this week call me about a great role, but before he'd tell me about it he asked for something in return, name of someone hiring, anyone left at your place etc.

He actually used the term 'Something in return...'

I told him nowt, he told me the role spec anyway, Websphere dev. in Belgium, I won't touch Belgium, know practically nowt about WAS!

Comment

Working...
        X