• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQ Tests

I was the last of my age group to do the 11+ IQ test which was compulsory in primary schools in Scotland but not sure about the rest of the UK. Your score determined which secondary school you attended although when mine came around we all went to the newly built secondary in the local town so it didn't matter much.

I found out the score kinda by accident at school (rummaged through some files left in an unlocked drawer), and in the years afterwards did two independent IQ tests and all three results were within a point or two.

Ever done such a test? What did you score? Lowest score I got (at school), was 149 the highest 151.

Dunno if these tests were ever an accurate reflection of intelligence and I think may have been discredited somewhere down the line.
    Me, me, me...

I was forced to do the mensa test when I was 12. I scored 166. Not sure how that compares with your test and they are arguably different scales.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

If you are really smart then you should do just fine without a stupid IQ test.

HTH

Comment

Thicky

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My son wondered aloud where he got his brains from, "because you're not very clever, are you?". Mind you, I remember thinking the same about my parents.

Comment

Score depends on the test, if you score very high on a standard one you normally have to sit a differently calibrated one to get a truer reading. Also needs to be corrected for age, and you can train for them too.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Score depends on the test, if you score very high on a standard one you normally have to sit a differently calibrated one to get a truer reading. Also needs to be corrected for age, and you can train for them too.
              Indeedy - look at the industry that has sprung up around 11+ coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                My son wondered aloud where he got his brains from, "because you're not very clever, are you?". Mind you, I remember thinking the same about my parents.
                Ahh the nature/nurture argument.

Just tell him he's the milkman's.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Just tell him he's the milkman's.
                  Are you saying that milkmen got low IQ?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Are you saying that milkmen got low IQ?
                    No, just your mum's milkman.

Comment