• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed! Room on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboomed! Room on the bench?

Budge up you lot. Last day of contract today and then it's bench time for me. 2 years and 5 months of commuting to London (1 3/4 hours each way but not all full time thankfully) has taken its toll, so looking forward to a few weeks off and see what the New Year brings.

Mrs OG's 'jobs that need doing list' has got alarmingly long. Also, I hope to demo my Plan B prototype to a friendly potential client employee this week.

Get a job Y'bum.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Get a job Y'bum.
      There is a permie job lurking in the wings but negotiations appear to have broken down.

Comment

Welcome to the bench....it's getting cramped on here!

My todo list is exhausted so each day is getting a little Groundhog Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
          Welcome to the bench....it's getting cramped on here!

My todo list is exhausted so each day is getting a little Groundhog Day!
          My todo list features items its cheaper to get more competent people in to do so they are getting done at the moment. I will do electrics but not near water and I'm not patient enough to do decorating....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            My todo list features items its cheaper to get more competent people in to do so they are getting done at the moment. I will do electrics but not near water and I'm not patient enough to do decorating....
            Ceiling rose circuits are as far as I will go. They terrify me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Ceiling rose circuits are as far as I will go. They terrify me.
              You are a braver man than me. I wont go much further than changing sockets/switches or the occasional ceiling rose.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                You are a braver man than me. I wont go much further than changing sockets/switches or the occasional ceiling rose.
                I always flick the switch with a long wooden spoon.

Comment

Strange finishing up on a Monday, nice short week though!

Comment

(shuffles along bench...) welcome and enjoy a change of scenery hope the new year brings new opportunities!
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X