• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Postcode Top Trumps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postcode Top Trumps

Mate of mine's got this off the ground

Helping House Buyers and Renters Check the Latest Information on Their Local Area - StreetCheck.co.uk

Looks really nice and gives interesting demographic information. Wonder how Wandsworth measures up?

There's no gays in my village (apparently!)

Is there a way to determine average income levels per postcode?
    Is that record checker app advertised at the bottom legit?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Mate of mine's got this off the ground

Helping House Buyers and Renters Check the Latest Information on Their Local Area - StreetCheck.co.uk

Looks really nice and gives interesting demographic information. Wonder how Wandsworth measures up?

There's no gays in my village (apparently!)
      How accurate is it. For 1 postcode I know well with 30 houses it lists 418 people living there.

I doubt the actual number is 100....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        How accurate is it. For 1 postcode I know well with 30 houses it lists 418 people living there.

I doubt the actual number is 100....
        It says at the top

"Information is based on the last census performed in the UK in 2011. They are performed once every 10 years. Please note: census data may include figures for adjacent streets and postcodes. The figures are therefore representative of the local area, not a specific street or row of houses."

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Is there a way to determine average income levels per postcode?
          Is that record checker app advertised at the bottom legit?
          Dunno - I've got adblock!

Comment

It says at the top

"Information is based on the last census performed in the UK in 2011. They are performed once every 10 years. Please note: census data may include figures for adjacent streets and postcodes. The figures are therefore representative of the local area, not a specific street or row of houses."
            That explains it. It also means that its totally worthless as a street may bear no resemblance to the surrounding area which is true of the example I picked.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              That explains it. It also means that its totally worthless as a street may bear no resemblance to the surrounding area which is true of the example I picked.....
              Does that make it worthless? Mine looks pretty much what I'd expect.
              If you're thinking of moving to an area, then some of the demographics would be of interest - e.g. likely facilities for kids / old people, employment stats etc. If you're thinking of moving to a gated community executive home in the middle of a tuliphole, then I guess that stats might not reflect your immediate neighbours, but still of interest.

Comment

Does that make it worthless? Mine looks pretty much what I'd expect.
                If you're thinking of moving to an area, then some of the demographics would be of interest - e.g. likely facilities for kids / old people, employment stats etc. If you're thinking of moving to a gated community executive home in the middle of a tuliphole, then I guess that stats might not reflect your immediate neighbours, but still of interest.
                in which case it misses a pile of data that would be useful (crime rates...).. The strange bit is that it gives me less information in a longer winded format than acorn gives me its 1 of 17 categories. It shows a little bit of potential but still doesn't match the information upmystreet provided before Zoopla bought and destroyed it.

Comment

Postcode based information for all postcodes free – any UK post code area described

my area is filled with old farts with a good credit rating. So spot on then!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sorry, we do not currently have any data in this area.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X