• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom and a half

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom and a half

That fancy London gig I've been chasing has fallen through** so today I signed a 1-year extension with my current main client. I've also extended my secondary client through to the end of April.

**they wanted to pay £400/day for a developer on a very niche technology in the heart of central London
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That fancy London gig I've been chasing has fallen through** so today I signed a 1-year extension with my current main client. I've also extended my secondary client through to the end of April.

**they wanted to pay £400/day for a developer on a very niche technology in the heart of central London
    Remember the rule, if you don't ask you don't get. They asked and unsurprisingly didn't get......
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Double boom on Sundays?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It really is funny how utterly stupid some clients can be with niche skilled roles and how they think they're going to resource and pay for it.

When I last hit the bench a recruitment agent phoned me about a permanent role that involved very niche software (only one company in the UK uses it).
        To top it off the role was obviously a temporary requirement.

Agent: SoftwareCo needs performance consultant to identify problems with the product design and to document general instructions on how their customers should deploy it in a way that scales and performs well.
        Me: Sorry I'm a contractor. Would they consider using a contractor?
        Agent: No they only want permanent. Do you know anyone else who may be interested?
        Me: Not really. There aren't many around and it sounds very temporary TBH. I don't think they'd want to leave their job/contract to do something on those terms.
        Agent: Oh
        Me: But if they change their mind about contractors, let me know.

I hear nothing again but the role appears on Jobserve a week later.. I wonder how they got on?

Comment

Comment

Sorry, forgot the for your boomage

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Great news. Congrats
                If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So you didn't get the gig in London you were raving about? No from me

Comment

Working...
                    X