• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh great!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh great!

A friend of a friend of my wife asked if her husband could stay with us for a few weeks until he's found a flat, as he's got a contract in the same city. We've got plenty of room, so we said fine.

Turns out he's not just in the same city. He's in the same office. He's the project manager for one of the projects I work on part-time...

Fortunately, I've finished all my tasks for that project, or it could get awkward.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Oh, that's a shame
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
      Oh, that's a shame
      Could be worse I suppose. His first name could be Suit.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        it could be even worse

he could be working from home and putting you on overtime
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Seems a rather tenuous connection - are you sure they're not having an affair?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Or he could e on here and noticing how much time you spend posting and banning
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nah - I'd ban him first.

Comment

Working...
              X