• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lemsip "Max"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemsip "Max"

Feeling ill (but working from home so still billin like a champ!) and I drank a Lemsip ""Max"" 2 hours ago, still have a sore head and blocked nose. Whats the deal with this crap is it some sort of dried horse meat placebo?

It's basically just paracetemol and caffeine... taking a couple of pills and an espresso would do most of the same things but there IS something mentally powerful about drinking a cup rather than popping a pill.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I find the lemsip stuff is good for two-three hours after taking it.

I used to be a martyr and fight through any colds etc but now time off costs money I get the flu jab and have a desk drawer like a branch of boots
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Feeling ill (but working from home so still billin like a champ!) and I drank a Lemsip ""Max"" 2 hours ago, still have a sore head and blocked nose. Whats the deal with this crap is it some sort of dried horse meat placebo?

It is designed to take money off idiots.

How much did they cost?

Comment

Paracetamol and the decongestant should be effective. You mustn't take more than recommended dose of paracetmaol. You CAN alternate paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Can I take paracetamol and ibuprofen together? - Health questions - NHS Choices

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I used to be a martyr and fight through any colds etc but now time off costs money I get the flu jab and have a desk drawer like a branch of boots
            Nice that Eek know where to go when he runs out of incontinence pants.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I prefer nurofen as it works better for me. Maybe I need something stronger, co-codemol or morphine.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

How much did they cost?
                True, any brand-name cold cure or headache pill is the same stuff as supermarket own-brand.

However if you think buying the brand is better, it probably will be. You also have to remember brands cost more partly as they spend gazillions on marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

How much did they cost?
                  It was this one, look at the nice box and festive flavour, I couldn't resist.

Comment

All these new flavours aren't right. It's supposed to taste horrid - as a kid I remember barely being able to drink the stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X