• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software Asset Management Analysts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Asset Management Analysts

The Resourcing company that got me my current assignment is looking for 4 Software Asset Management Analysts paying up to £300 p/d in Milton Keynes. Details below. PM me if you are interested, and I will put you in touch with my contact.

Start date : January 2014
    Duration: 3-6 months

We are seeking 4 x SAM professionals to work in a project environment developing the SAM function. The SAM Analyst must be used to working with multifaceted desktop and server licensing requirements to provide licensing solutions that will meet the business needs, minimise costs and provide strategic licensing models upon which technological change can be based.

Assignment duties;

• Due diligence regarding third party access and territorial rights
    • Production of vendor compliance position statements
    • Evaluation of licensing options
    • Liaison with 3rd party partners regarding licensing requirements
    • Development of licensing models to minimise cost and allow scalable technological development.
    • Negotiation with vendors where necessary to establish appropriate access by third party partners
    • To provide timely and appropriate licensing compliance and solutions to the business and third parties
    • To comply with license requirements when allocating licenses to third parties

Must have skills;

• Experience of working under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple licensing work streams and products
    • Demonstrable, detailed understanding of licensing and approaches to:

• Physical & virtual Wintel server environment in the Wintel environment such as Microsoft SQL, Windows ESX
        • IBM software solutions
        • Oracle software solutions

• Experience of assessing and formulating and responding to complex licensing solutions in response to technical designs and demonstrable evidence of benefits derived from their implementation
    • Ability to work with third party outsourcers at all levels during take of a managed services
    • Excellent communication skills

If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

I'm sure that your 'resourcing company' will be asking you to be their biatch too often, will they?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I'm sure that your 'resourcing company' will be asking you to be their biatch too often, will they?

Nope. They found me via LinkedIn, and as far as I know, I don't know anyone working for them. When I say resourcing company, I should say more Consultancy. They do use contractors as well.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Ok, I meant 'won't' instead on will.

I also meant that I don't allow pimps to use this place as a free job site. If you were a PM or your client asked for direct resource, that's different.

What I meant was, tell them not expect to do this again.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi,

Go and list on contractor club and you can get a 4% (? can't remember to be exact) finders fee for supplying people and cut out the middle men!

Comment

Working...
          X