• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay as contractor, or return to recruiting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay as contractor, or return to recruiting?

My foray back into the world of contracting is paying dividends.
    An update in my skills and I am finding I am being approached to utilise my new-found skills.

It has been enjoyable contracting, not having to make umpteen phone calls a day;
    filtering out t0ssers who apply for things they don't have skills match for,
    hideously gauche attempts at playing hardball with rates,
    whinge when they fail to impress clients and imply nefarious conspiracies, ('cos we know the sun exudes goodly rays from their nether orifices), etc.

I am inclined to put recruiting on the back-burner and spend more time contacting, at top-rates, and with a decent and fun team, complete with dour northern humour.
    Impossible deadlines, useless users, great fun installing new software; absolutely enjoyable!

Of course, with my clientco connections, and new skills, I have the best of both worlds.

I shall mull this over the festive period, and may decide to hang up my recruiters hat.

The force is strong in this one...

Comment

Working...
    X