• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop processors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop processors

In the expert opinion of the board, which processors are the best for laptops: Pentium 4, Pentium M, Centrino, AMD? I have to confess that my experience of M and Centrino technology is zero, so any evaluation would be greatly appreciated.

SPARC!

Comment

I prefer the dual option - a blonde and a brunette, knickerless of course...

Oops wrong thread.

Comment

As an expert I can tell you that Centrino is not a processor.

HTH

Threaded

Comment

As an expert I can tell you that Centrino is not a processor.
          True, but it's part of the laptop technology. My knowledge of it beyond that is zip, hence the question.

Comment

Depends on what you want. Most powerful processor or best battery life.

Most powerful - Athlon 64 3200+ based "desktop" replacement laptops. Big, heavy, battery lasts about 3 minutes. Fast as @#%$ ( for a laptop). They also do a Mobile AMD 64 processor. Superb perf with some power saving. I'd go for this.

Best battery life with good perf - Pentium-M (branded as Centrino with chipset and wireless adapter).

HTH

Threaded.

Comment

Working...
            X