• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business IT and technical IT contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business IT and technical IT contracts

Is it only me to notice that nowadays the best paying contracts are business IT. They seem to experience what we experienced during the year 2000. Let's forget about CISCO,.Net and Websphere. ITIL, ITSM and prince2 are welcome.

Anybody who did the full switch to a pure business IT contract (I am somehow positioned in the middle)?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

I did switch to the business side, and sure there's loads of work around and good rates, but I've never been more bored. I do a lot of Business process IT Security for compliance, i.e. SOX, MiFID etc. and it may sound nice on paper, but in reality my work is basically doing a lot of documentation and that's pretty much it.....it is the most un-interesting bit of work I've done in my life. I've gained a lot of lucrative skills this past year that will open up new opportunities when I'm back on the market, but I don't think this is what I want to be doing.....hopefully plan B will be up and running in 2007 so I won't have to do this cr@p anymore!!

Comment

Working...
    X