• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little bit of good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit of good news

Feels a bit strange to say this given the tulip going on in other posters' lives, but seeing as there's lots of crap news this morning I thought I'd share a little bit of good cheer; Lady Tester and I emptied our savings accounts and warchest and made our final extra mortgage payment at the weekend and so Tester Towers is now 100% property of the Tester Dynasty with no commitments to the bankers. Just have to hope I don't get benched before the warchest recovers, but it's nice feeling knowing that the roof over my head is paid for.

PS All well meaning financial advice from CUK resident BTL/stockmarket/pension experts will be ignored.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Feels a bit strange to say this given the tulip going on in other posters' lives, but seeing as there's lots of crap news this morning I thought I'd share a little bit of good cheer; Lady Tester and I emptied our savings accounts and warchest and made our final extra mortgage payment at the weekend and so Tester Towers is now 100% property of the Tester Dynasty with no commitments to the bankers. Just have to hope I don't get benched before the warchest recovers, but it's nice feeling knowing that the roof over my head is paid for.

PS All well meaning financial advice from CUK resident BTL/stockmarket/pension experts will be ignored.
    Good work - I'm sure a merry christmas will be had at Teste Towers this year!
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Excellent. Our fixed rate ends at the end of Jan at which point we intend to do the same with mudskipper manor.

Comment

Its a good feeling, we did it on the last house, problem is Mrs V eyes the freed mortgage money and then wants to move again.

Anyone know where I can find £500k?
        Last edited by vetran; 16 December 2013, 10:32. Reason: comma commotion
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've just taken back the £31.19 that we'd overpaid on our mortgage last month so it reads £0.00 rather than being in credit.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I hope you've got enough left for a celebratory drinky?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Its a good feeling, we did it on the last house, problem is Mrs V eyes the freed mortgage money and then wants to move again.

Anyone know where I can find £500k?
              Ah, happily Lady Tester is not interested in big houses and neither am I. I might consider moving to be nearer the industrials in Brabant or Germany, but I don´t intend to borrow to do so.

Comment

Well done. And please dear <whatever invisible being you believe in insert here> tell you're not in your mid-thirties?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Good work - I'm sure a merry christmas will be had at Teste Towers this year!
                  Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Well done. And please dear <whatever invisible being you believe in insert here> tell you're not in your mid-thirties?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

(OK, mid-to-late, but my wife is mid-30s)
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X