• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Carb - High Fat diet

Anyone eat this way, when I say diet I don't mean short term i mean eating this way permanently if possible. 70% of your diet will be from fat (Butter, eggs, meat, oils, milk...) and the rest protein with a few low carb veggies. The dogma that eating saturated fat makes you fat or caused heart disease is being questioned and studies show there is no link and the opposite might be true. Given your brain and nerves are made form mostly fat, and insulin regulates fat cells it seems like the proper way to eat for the human body.

Is this just Atkins?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What is your objective? Is it just to lose weight?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

No pizza, no nan bread, no hula hoops.

For that reason, I'm out!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          No pizza, no nan bread, no hula hoops.

For that reason, I'm out!
          Is she a good baker, your nan?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Is this just Atkins?
            Yes, but with veg and you don't ever go back to whole grains or any high GI foods. All these diets reintroduce carbs once you have hit your weight, which end up leading to craving and over eating again.

Wheat is also considered toxic, it has a opiate like chemical that increases your appetite.

Comment

look it's all bollox

eat everything you want in moderation and do a moderate amount of exercise

you will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                look it's all bollox

eat everything you want in moderation and do a moderate amount of exercise

you will be fine
                The point is eating wheat increases you appetite making it very difficult to eat in moderation, try taking heroin in moderation, 6 weeks later you will be offering personal services for a 5 gram bag.

Comment

Most people eat wheat and have done for centuries if not millenia. Most thin people eat wheat - NOT eating wheat is a very new trend. Obesity epidemics are far more recent. People are fat because of burgers and chocolate and sedentary lifestyles, if those people stopped eating wheat they'd still be fat pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Most people eat wheat and have done for centuries if not millenia. Most thin people eat wheat - NOT eating wheat is a very new trend. Obesity epidemics are far more recent. People are fat because of burgers and chocolate and sedentary lifestyles, if those people stopped eating wheat they'd still be fat pigs.
                    I take it you didn't read the article, the type of chemically modified wheat today in most foodstuffs was developed in the 80's, high yield, semi dwarf wheat which has this property.

Comment

Working...
                    X