• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Kindle do you have?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Kindle do you have?

Not gonna do a poll cos I'm still confused by all the variants and apps.

I replaced my Kindle keyboard with a New Kindle Paperwhite which I'm delighted with.

What Kindle hardware do you have? What app / platform if no hardware?

As an aside how many Kindle books do you have paid or free?

Any other comments about dead trees or tech you can carry around?
    Me, me, me...

Had prev gen Kindle with keyboard, but upgraded to Paperwhite last year - much better screen (especially in the dark - now can read fine on the bus, on train etc), only thing I don't like is that they should have kept page scrolling buttons on side.

Comment

I have the original one, Mrs P was awarded a Fire HD today at work and the Pond-mother has the paperwhite version.

I downloaded a whole load (1K IIRC) of classics etc but have been buying them since. The kindle daily deal (99p) have had some reasonable ones in the past but seems mostly dross nowadays.

Comment

Last gen kindle sans-keyboard.

Kindle apps on iPad and iPhone.

Over 100 books so far.

Mrs B has the same model but will be upgraded to a Paperwhite on the 25th. More books than I can count.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Planning to get a paperwhite in the near future. I still prefer reading books on paper to a screen, but I reckon the paperwhite's screen could be the one to get me to switch, at least for some purposes.

I'm still planning to line the flat with new bookcases in the New Year though - it's getting to the point where the piles of books all over the place are becoming a hazard

Comment

Kindle with keyboard that doesn't get used much. Everyone in the house uses the kindle apps.

25k books from a torrent. Not enough time to read em all Have to use Calibre - Ebook management to keep track of them.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Kindle app on my iPad 1
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Planning to get a paperwhite in the near future. I still prefer reading books on paper to a screen, but I reckon the paperwhite's screen could be the one to get me to switch, at least for some purposes.

I'm still planning to line the flat with new bookcases in the New Year though - it's getting to the point where the piles of books all over the place are becoming a hazard
                I'll never let go of the book collection and had to buy more bookcases to accommodate them in the new place, love being surrounded by books although they compete for space with the instruments.

My Kindle is more than convenient though on lots of levels and battery life that goes to weeks is a winner.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Kindle with keyboard that doesn't get used much. Everyone in the house uses the kindle apps.

25k books from a torrent. Not enough time to read em all Have to use Calibre - Ebook management to keep track of them.
                  13K of books from a friend and maybe a couple of hundred I've purchased. No going back now
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Use my IPhone with a speed reading app as, after a fair amount of practice, I can read pretty fast. However, I still have almost no time to read so I listen to audio books when commuting. Currently listening to the modern scholar book on World War 2, awesome stuff.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X