• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday in Canada -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday in Canada -

Thinking of going to canada mayb january - well for holiday though like 7-10days. ( i know i know - january for holidays? well thats when i am free).

Ok the question is, where do you think i could visit (in terms of the towns in Canada).

i am looking at British Colombia - what do you guys think.. i am open to options aswell.

Do you need a visa?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Do you need a visa?
      Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
        Thinking of going to canada mayb january - well for holiday though like 7-10days. ( i know i know - january for holidays? well thats when i am free).

Ok the question is, where do you think i could visit (in terms of the towns in Canada).

i am looking at British Colombia - what do you guys think.. i am open to options aswell.
        I did a 2 week holiday in Canada 8 years ago (before kids).

4 days in Vancouver, 4 days round Vancouver island, then out to Banff and back through Okanagan valley for wine. All of it fantastic. Would recommend you either do Vancouver + island (if you like rain forests and a very chilled out local populace) or Vancouver + mountains (if you like that kind of thing + wine).

You can sometimes get substantially cheaper flights to Seattle but when we went it was almost as cheap to go to Vancouver.

Comment

As they are all covered in snow, you need only visit one because they all look the same.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I want to take the train across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I did a 2 week holiday in Canada 8 years ago (before kids).

4 days in Vancouver, 4 days round Vancouver island, then out to Banff and back through Okanagan valley for wine. All of it fantastic. Would recommend you either do Vancouver + island (if you like rain forests and a very chilled out local populace) or Vancouver + mountains (if you like that kind of thing + wine).

You can sometimes get substantially cheaper flights to Seattle but when we went it was almost as cheap to go to Vancouver.
              Great! thanks for that - im looking at some deals on Vacouver (hmm not bad) , what about Toronto? any experience?

Actually for a youngy - Early 30s (no kids)

Comment

It depends on what you want. Are you just after a city holiday, or do you want to see a bit more? To be honest, wherever you go you'll want to hire a car and get out and about, and / or consider domestic flights.

BC (and Vancouver in particular) is full of wierdos, but it's a nice enough city, and you can use it as a base so that you can drive out to the Rockies, places like Jasper, take a walk on a Glacier, etc.
                Alberta has Calgary, a lot of farmers and open land. You could head to Edmonton and hang out with oilworkers, or fly up to Yellowknife and from there to Inuvik.
                Ontario has Toronto and Niagara Falls, go to Canada's Wonderland - but I'd say you'd have covered everything in about a week.
                Quebec is full of Frenchies. Some people love it, I have no interest.
                The Maritimes are full of the type of people that make the rural Irish look like sobre, non-inbred, sophisticates.

Personally, next time I go I want to take a good few weeks and cover the breadth along the border, as it is a nice drive in places, with some nice small towns, especially as you get towards the Rockies, but I also want to get up to Nunavut. I have a lot of family in Ontario, so I've pretty much done that repeatedly, and used to have family in Inuvik and around Alberta so have been there a couple of times. Nunavut is the newest territory, pretty much only Inuits live there, and is building a tourism industry in outdoor pursuits.

Comment

Thinking of going to canada mayb january - well for holiday though like 7-10days. ( i know i know - january for holidays? well thats when i am free). ...
                  Not so much "january for holidays?" but "Canada for holidays in january?!!".

It'll be 10 feet deep in snow, and about -50 deg

Why not go to Gran Canaria like everyone else?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Go check out all of the above & a visit to Calgary has to be on the cards too, try & catch an event at the Saddledome whilst you;re there.

Comment

Working...
                    X