• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please sign this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please sign this

Hi,

My son is trying to get the online movie streaming companies to offer audio description so that it is acessible to blind people. At the moment none of these companies offer it, even though pretty much every DVD produced these days incluudes audio description. He has spoken to a number of people at sky and a a few other companies and been told that they deem it to be 'not cost effective'.

His petition is here

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...d-film-viewers

Thanks and feel free to pass it on!

Tony
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Hi,

My son is trying to get the online movie streaming companies to offer audio description so that it is acessible to blind people. At the moment none of these companies offer it, even though pretty much every DVD produced these days incluudes audio description. He has spoken to a number of people at sky and a a few other companies and been told that they deem it to be 'not cost effective'.

His petition is here

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...d-film-viewers

Thanks and feel free to pass it on!

Tony
    Is your son blind?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        Yes
        OK I'll sign.

Comment

Done and shared on FB.

Comment

Will do. Have gone to considerable effort in previous projects to improve accessibility of systems and there is no excuse. Will the RNIB not pursue this under the Equality Act? Sounds like a reasonable adjustment.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Signed and shared.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Sign? Isn't that for deaf people?

Done - surprised it's not already a requirement.

Comment

Done & tweeted. Shameful that they don't provide this.

Comment

Working...
                    X