PDA

View Full Version : Citizenship Question

SupremeSpod
16th June 2005, 14:13
Life in the UK explains what to do if you spill someone's pint in the pub. What, according to the book, usually happens next?

A: You would offer to buy the person another pint

B: You would offer to dry their wet shirt with your own

C: You may need to prepare for a fight in the car park

From the BBC News Website.

AtW
16th June 2005, 14:47
Well, if Trainspotting is anything to go by then they should have included another answer.

PRC1964
16th June 2005, 15:27
D: You sue them for drinking alcohol and offending your muslim beliefs.

FrancoLondinium
16th June 2005, 15:27
Depending on the size of you and the other person the right choice is C) or A).

SupremeSpod
16th June 2005, 15:32
Sorry, forgot the Italian answer...

D: Run away and tell your mummy!

NumptyCorner
16th June 2005, 15:33
Depending on the size of you and the other person the right choice is C) or A).

exactly if it's a small person C/ is likely. It's a universal truth that only little people cause pub fights.

SupremeSpod
16th June 2005, 16:00
Numpty, you've noticed this also, eh?

WageSlave1
16th June 2005, 16:04
Spod, do you often pick fights with short people at the Stretford end?

SupremeSpod
16th June 2005, 16:15
WS, I've no need to pick fights, I'm a gentle giant:eek

WageSlave1
16th June 2005, 16:24
I've no need to pick fights, I'm a gentle giant

Shame really, as there's plenty of agents deserving a good slap. Although I doubt many agents can be found at the Stretford End on a Saturday afternoon.

SupremeSpod
16th June 2005, 16:27
Although I doubt many agents can be found at the Stretford End on a Saturday afternoon.

There's usually a few cockney barrow boy types on the shuttle up from Heathrow on a Saturday morning...

WageSlave1
16th June 2005, 16:32
There's usually a few cockney barrow boy types on the shuttle up from Heathrow on a Saturday morning

That description applies to many agents. Cockney geezers deserve a good pasting anyway, agent or not....

FrancoLondinium
16th June 2005, 19:33
"exactly if it's a small person C/ is likely. It's a universal truth that only little people cause pub fights. "

Then you just have to hope you haven't met a professional light weight boxer. :D

I would say that actually smaller people are normally more dangerous than what they look like. Most of them are either boxers or karate experts. Would be cautious with them. The easier targets then, are the medium weight. :rolleyes

Great xenophobic comment Spod.

xoggoth
16th June 2005, 23:49
I have observed here before that the best size for staying out of trouble is to be neither so small/timid looking that you are easy pickings or so big/tough loooking that you look like a suitable challenge for the macho sort. Just being ugly with a nasty looking scowl and a temper to match works quite well I find.

Karate expertise would be nice tho. Every time I have gone along to some course for martial arts I seem to have got the wrong night/venue and ended up doing flower arranging.

SupremeSpod
17th June 2005, 08:06
Great xenophobic comment Spod.

Actually it wasn't directed at Italians per se, merely to illicit a reaction from you as you seem to be the forums cry baby!

Spod - In "and it worked" mode!

WageSlave1
17th June 2005, 08:43
Then you just have to hope you haven't met a professional light weight boxer.

Franco, lightweight boxers aren't paritcularly small. If you're looking for small fighters then it's safer to consider the bantam and straw weights...then you get some really freaky looking fights :eek

SupremeSpod
17th June 2005, 09:12
Then you just have to hope you haven't met a professional light weight boxer.

Never seen one yet that can survive a bar stool!

Spod - In "Not exactly MoQ" mode!