• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Historical figures with whom you would like to sleep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical figures with whom you would like to sleep

We've all been asked the question which famous person would you like to invite to dinner? Normally people come up with some historical figure such as Churchill or Nelson.

Well, seeing as it's Christmas I thought I'd pose a similar question to the good people of CUK.

Which historical figure would you like to have slid in next to you between your satin sheets for a bit of seasonal fun?

It's an easy decision in my case. I've always gone weak at the knees when I hear the dulcet tones of this man:

Yes, Richard Baker, one time BBC newsreader, but it's more for his silver tongue commentary delivered from a Box at the Royal Albert Hall that makes him my Top Of The Form.

If I'd wanted a common or garden newsreader I'd have gone for that fellow who always looked like he'd drunk 12 pints and had 2 hours sleep the night before:

That would be my "Bit of rough" vote.

Edit: I've just realised that nominees in these Kind of polls are supposed to be dead and Wikipedia informs me that Richard is, indeed happily, alive and well.

So, to stick with my original newsreader theme I'm going for a toss up between Kenneth Kendall and Robert Dougall.

Over to you...

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Are you a gayer then Gricer?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The Duke

A Gentle Man and a Gentleman.

Right looks, right build, right voice....
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Are you a gayer then Gricer?
          I think we all knew that.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I think we all knew that.

My subtle brand of humour is lost on you my friend.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

That bird from The Good Life. Does she count as historical?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

She's the one.

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

My subtle brand of humour is lost on you my friend.
                  Suity, you are, and have been called, many things, but Subtle is definately not one of them my friend
                  If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

She's not dead.
                    Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X