• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haymarket Station officially opens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haymarket Station officially opens

About time!

Revamped Haymarket railway station opens tomorrow - Edinburgh Evening News

BBC News - Haymarket Station officially opened by Transport Minister
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Haven't you left the union yet?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Haven't you left the union yet?
      About four years ago.

As a Londoner, haven't you stopped sucking life out of the union yet?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Interesting the first article compares all the facilities to Waverly. ... I suspect that's probably due to the fact that Haymarket is about a five minute walk away and all west bound trains either stop or pass through Haymarket... which raises the question ... why bother with it at all?
        More like a twenty minute walk away.

Haymarket station serves the business / financial end of town. Also the previous station was woefully inadequate in size given the number of passengers using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          You need to lay off the beers ....
          For once Scooper is right. It's at least a 20 minute walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            For once Scooper is right. It's at least a 20 minute walk.
            More like 60 mins there's a pub at the entrance.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Takes longer to walk to the one in Newcastle

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Takes longer to walk to the one in Newcastle
                Ja, useful. Last time I was in newcastle, a starbucks, this granny slips her hand into her coat and pulls out a little flask. Slowly it's contents were poured into the coffee. Oh Ja.

Comment

Working...
                X