• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti social Permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti social Permies

No not another pop at Fatty Arebukle not making the Christmas do last week but why are some permies miserable buggers? Entire office is in a meeting room at the fuddle, all except one sole permie eating his lunch on his own in the break out area
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Stop eating lunch facing the mirror on the wall and go join them then.

Comment

They're permies. You'd be miserable too if that was your lot in life

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        No not another pop at Fatty Arebukle not making the Christmas do last week but why are some permies miserable buggers? Entire office is in a meeting room at the fuddle, all except one sole permie eating his lunch on his own in the break out area
        The only person I ever heard use that word before was my mum. Thought she'd made it up tbh. It was only ever used to describe a buffet at christmas time.

Re the permie - are you sure it's not a contractor enjoying his foie gras and bollinger whilst you lot trough through the aldi pork pies and own brand pringles?

Comment

Maybe they are quite happy except when you are there.

I seem to remember from your last annual review "if you see two people chatting and one is miserable, SimonMac will be the other one".

Comment

If I'd wanted to have dinner with a bunch of middle aged, geeky contractors passing cheap, infantile gifts to each & who would fawn, laugh & gurn over my every word I'd go down to the canteen and sit with my team.

Hope that's clear now.

MF
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              If I'd wanted to have dinner with a bunch of middle aged, geeky contractors passing cheap, infantile gifts to each & who would fawn, laugh & gurn over my every word I'd go down to the canteen and sit with my team.

Hope that's clear now.

MF
              I may be wrong but the number of contractors in the fuddle could be counted on one hand....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I may be wrong but the number of contractors in the fuddle could be counted on one hand....
                That could be upto 31 if you use base2

Comment

Originally posted by deanosity View Post
                  That could be upto 31 if you use base2
                  Its MF we are talking about here. He needs to speak out loud as he counts.....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Its MF we are talking about here. He needs to speak out loud as he counts.....
                    Just because I was shouting 1,2,3 as I punched you in the face last week doesn't mean I'm stupid.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X