• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored now

But got to fix the mess someone has created in code that was working yesterday.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Why do you let Simon get away with it???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      This way they can both keep invoicing for longer.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No lube for SM tonight

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          We keep him in a very self contained cage and don't let him anywhere near the code.

The current problem is that panic management have brought in new developers who have been asked and let loose to fix stuff without the core understanding of how the system is supposed to work.

They fix 1 item and suddenly something somewhere else stops working.... Downside is that its the code I wrote last week that no longer works and its rather core to a particular thing working....

Comment

We keep him in a very self contained cage and don't let him anywhere near the code.

The current problem is that panic management have brought in new developers who have been asked and let loose to fix stuff without the core understanding of how the system is supposed to work.

They fix 1 item and suddenly something somewhere else stops working.... Downside is that its the code I wrote last week that no longer works and its rather core to a particular thing working. ...
            As it's Chrimbo, I'll help you.

10 Print 'Hello World'
            20 Goto 10

Invoice is in the post.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You should count yourself lucky. Here other bits of code doesn't work, and when the developers have fixed their bit, the other bits of code still don't work

Comment

Now works. Only thing that changed is an iis reset which doesn't look good in explaining what is going wrong.

Comment

They fix 1 item and suddenly something somewhere else stops working.... Downside is that its the code I wrote last week that no longer works and its rather core to a particular thing working....
                  Roll-back and Branch the code, then try to merge in their code until it brakes something, write a defect.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Roll-back and Branch the code, then try to merge in their code until it brakes something, write a defect.
                    I don't think I can add panic management as a defect to the project. Yes it is a defect but panic management would get upset to be called that...

Comment

Working...
                    X