• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas for one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas for one

Not meeting up with family or friends on Christmas day and really looking forward to spending Christmas in my new place but what to cook for dinner?

Not going overboard on the Christmas dinner thing since I'm only cooking for me so no turkey or goose this year cos I don't wanna be eating leftovers for a week.

Suggestions for a festive one?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Not meeting up with family or friends on Christmas day and really looking forward to spending Christmas in my new place but what to cook for dinner?
    Choice or circumstance?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Choice or circumstance?
      Kinda both. Sisters with their extended families and no dad anymore so I'd really prefer to be on my own especially first Christmas in my new place.

Many years in the past I worked Christmas anyway so no big deal, New Year is the preferred party time in Scotland

I'll spend the day not watching TV or prepping for somebody else's dinner so what to cook for myself that's better than the ordinary and kinda festive at the same time.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I'd probably do a chilli, or order curry the night before and keep it in the fridge

Or a really F-O steak.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I'd probably do a chilli, or order curry the night before and keep it in the fridge

Or a really F-O steak.
          That's gonna happen tonight / tomorrow if I drink much more
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Go to the Pub? You will probably find a few others like you.

If not a nice steak!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Never been to the pub on Christmas. Figure it'd either be wonderful or tragic.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

If not a nice steak!
                Definitely find a nice boozer for a couple of hours. Wha part of the country do you live in?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

If not a nice steak!
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Never been to the pub on Christmas. Figure it'd either be wonderful or tragic.
                  Now there's a thought...
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Definitely find a nice boozer for a couple of hours. Wha part of the country do you live in?
                    Typical country village but the nearest is pretty crap but the other surrounding villages have very good pubs
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X