• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Suisse Canary Wharf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Suisse Canary Wharf

Anyone worked there? If so what is it like?

Yes worked there, absolutely fine and enjoyed it, got a mate working there as a SDM as well and loves it.

If you ever want an idea of what a place is like to work always check out glassdoor Companies & Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
      Yes worked there, absolutely fine and enjoyed it, got a mate working there as a SDM as well and loves it.

If you ever want an idea of what a place is like to work always check out glassdoor Companies & Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk
      Like any bank it depends what area you would be in.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I am particularly interested in the development side of things.
        Last edited by wonderboy; 21 December 2013, 16:00.

Comment

I've heard nothing but negative reports from Credit Suisse from contractors in the Dev teams, Risk teams and infrastructure teams. So much that people have said they never want to contract or work in a bank again. (They soon change their minds)

Comment

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
            Thanks for the responses. I am particularly interested in the development side of things.
            They need a shake up - the areas I was in havent changed in-terms of people I am still in contact with.

Low calibre, non-dynamic, lots of 'lifer-contractors' hired by internal mates, the off-shore teams far removed from FO expectations. Its the kind of place you have to leave to get a promotion, lots of AVP and VPs leave for a year and come back VP & Dir.

I was there 3 years as a perm moving twice internally in IT project teams about 8 years ago. Low expectations = always happy

Comment

It depends which area you are working in. eg Microsoft or java. CS have made their own frameworks up based on open source technologies but forking off from them. This is what they did in the past. I cannot vouch for the current situtuation. Be wary if you have to work with JAP.

Comment

Working...
              X