• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti-ageing treatment for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-ageing treatment for contractors

Anti-ageing compound set for human trials after turning clock back for mice | Science | theguardian.com

The magic pill would cost about £50K per day.

I'll have a year's supply please.

Researchers injected a chemical called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, or NAD, which reduces in the body as we age.
    NAD injection anyone? Form an orderly queue

Whether that means we’ll all live to 150, I don’t know, but the important part is that we don’t spend the last 20 to 30 years of our lives in bad health.
    +1 If this could lead to treatments for thinks like dementia then it would be a very good thing

Comment

What's not clear from that article is whether the effects last after you stop treatment. If a short treatment gives long term results, it could be money very well spent.

Wonder where I sign up for the trial?

Comment

Sounds awesome, even if it's not a miracle cure the potential as a therapy in conjunction with other things must be massive.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Imagine the potential effect on athletes and the like - I wonder if would it become a 'banned substance'?

Comment

What about the IR35 implications?
            "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
            Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
              Shouldn't impact IR35. Legitimate business expense if it allows you to carry on invoicing for longer (but check with your accountant).

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
                It'll hopefully be in its grave, by then.

Comment

NAT loves skiing - CCTV photo below -

Comment

Working...
                  X