• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whisky, mmm, nice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whisky, mmm, nice

I'm not a great Whisky fan nor a connoisseur but due to enjoy a tipple now and then and some of the ones I've tried are really rather good so last night while drinking Thistly Cross Whisky Cider in the Whisky Dungeon (also known as the Rock Cafe) I decided to buy a bottle on a whim to see the new year in. It does taste really rather good although I nearly had a heart attack when I had to pay for the bottle: Isle of Jura 1988 25 Jahre Alambic Classic Collection - Whisky & more

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Looks like a good one. You'll taste the sea with a Jura.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Jura is one with good complexity of taste.

Just bought meself a Yamazaki 18 year old today
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Jura is one with good complexity of taste.

Just bought meself a Yamazaki 18 year old today
        Ahhh, Ladyboys...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Ahhh, Ladyboys...
          Japanese dearie, not Thai
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I know, I'm bored...

Comment

still made me laugh!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sounds nice. Interesting how the fashion of whisky labels and bottles change over time when the contents don't.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm partial to an aged single malt with just a drop of water, but at the bottom of the price range, 10yr old Laphroaig is my favourite, but not to everyones taste. Glenmorangie or Glenfiddich are pretty good value at £22 at the Co-op currently. The cheap blended stuff does nothing for me.

I'm almost scared to try the really good stuff in case I like it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                    I'm partial to an aged single malt with just a drop of water, but at the bottom of the price range, 10yr old Laphroaig is my favourite, but not to everyones taste. Glenmorangie or Glenfiddich are pretty good value at £22 at the Co-op currently. The cheap blended stuff does nothing for me.

I'm almost scared to try the really good stuff in case I like it too much.
                    Every time I get a new contract (including renewals) and I get the first invoice paid I treat myself to an 18y/o Laphroaig. Lovely stuff and a well deserved reward for getting the work!

Comment

Working...
                    X