• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC website

What's wrong with it this morning? Seems completely screwed up in IE11 and Firefox.

Still, nice to know even pros balls up their websites from time to time.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I'm not sure I'd call the BBC site professional, clearly they don't proof read many of the articles.

Comment

I see what you mean - the whole site is leaning towards the left..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        Sometimes, most of the time. Just out of interest, what would you say Channel 4 is? Its just that although Channel 4 is independent, as in non-profit and no shareholders, it still answers to the government and/or the public in a certain way:

Channel 4 is a statutory corporation, independent of Government, and governed by a unitary board made up of executive and non-executive directors, who are responsible for ensuring that Channel 4 fulfils its remit and delivers its financial responsibilities. Non-executive directors are appointed by OFCOM in agreement with the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
        Channel 4 is a British public-service television broadcaster which began transmission on 2 November 1982. Although largely commercially self-funded, it is ultimately publicly owned; originally a subsidiary of the Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA), the station is now owned and operated by Channel Four Television Corporation, a public body established in 1990, coming into operation in 1993.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Agh! Comment on technical problem and it's heading back to politics again!
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

seems ok in firefox though
            Last edited by barrydidit; 23 December 2013, 12:15. Reason: browser oneupmanship

Comment

Perfectly fine in Chrome
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yeh, its ok now. Maybe it was hacked by Daily Mail readers. Hurrah!
                bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Yeh, its ok now. Maybe it was hacked by Daily Mail readers. Hurrah!
                  Quite often I think the Daily Mail website is being hacked by Grauniad readers due to the multiple grammer and spelling mistakes on it

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Quite often I think the Daily Mail website is being hacked by Grauniad readers due to the multiple grammer and spelling mistakes on it
                    Grammar

Comment

Working...
                    X