• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merry ******* Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry ******* Christmas

Email from ClientCo. We need to get our priorities sorted, so won't need you until mid to late January.

Erm, hang on, this isn't a zero hours contract, it's 5 professional working days per week, with 2 weeks notice either side.

As always, little guy gets fooked.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Email from ClientCo. We need to get our priorities sorted, so won't need you until mid to late January.

Erm, hang on, this isn't a zero hours contract, it's 5 professional working days per week, with 2 weeks notice either side.

Your stories become more unbelievable by the day.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Your stories become more unbelievable by the day.
      Not now mate.

Comment

Not now mate.
        So you've gone from hero to zero in little less than three weeks? If this is true, there is a lesson here. Do what you're bloody well asked to do without all the extra drama. If its a yarn then meh.

Comment

So you've gone from hero to zero in little less than three weeks? If this is true, there is a lesson here. Do what you're bloody well asked to do without all the extra drama. If its a yarn then meh.
          Right so their lack of organisation is my fault?

Comment

Dear suity, it would seem to me that you are one of the many groups the clients **** in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the clients shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bulltulip I got two words for that: learn to ******' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big ******' surprise.

HTH

Comment

Right so their lack of organisation is my fault?
              Well it sounds like an excuse by the client to get rid of you to be honest. Now I could be wrong but how many others apart from you got this email? All the contractors or just you? How many got have been told not to come in?

Comment

Well it sounds like an excuse by the client to get rid of you to be honest. Now I could be wrong but how many others apart from you got this email? All the contractors or just you? How many got have been told not to come in?
                Why would anyone be so childish? A simple DCM is all that's needed, not the long waffly email about priorities and some cock and bull story about end of Jan.

Comment

Lack of MOO extreme!

If you think you can get a gig early Jan then give your 2 weeks notice and spheres to them.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    Lack of MOO extreme!

If you think you can get a gig early Jan then give your 2 weeks notice and spheres to them.
                    Yep. But will they pay the notice period? Doesn't sound like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X