• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Stress Free Christmas Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Stress Free Christmas Day

Highly recommended.
    Me, me, me...

No women, no kids...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      No women, no kids...
      No family, no kids. I'll see the wummin on Friday.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Have to agree with Cliphead, if you take the family element out of it and do your own thing it is a hell of a lot less stressful.

Mr N and I stayed in cloggers and it was pretty chilled.

I think we'll make a habit of this from now on.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Have to agree with Cliphead, if you take the family element out of it and do your own thing it is a hell of a lot less stressful.

Mr N and I stayed in cloggers and it was pretty chilled.

I think we'll make a habit of this from now on.
          Not sure I can get away with getting rid of the kids and wife for Christmas. I think they call that divorce and losing custody.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't hate Christmas in a 'bah humbug' way, but I can't remember the last time I enjoyed Christmas Day.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I don't hate Christmas in a 'bah humbug' way, but I can't remember the last time I enjoyed Christmas Day.
              It's the park runs, I'm telling you
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                I've been doing it for years. Only fly in the ointment is I can't stop family phoning up, insisting on wishing me Merry Christmas, and telling me 150 times that I'm welcome to come over if I want.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I can.

Yesterday
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I've been doing it for years. Only fly in the ointment is I can't stop family phoning up, insisting on wishing me Merry Christmas, and telling me 150 times that I'm welcome to come over if I want.
                    Easy way round that one, turn off the mobile and disconnect the landline, works great for me.

It's a bit bah humbug, but I agree day alone, cook a nice dinner and do your own thing has a lot to recommend it, did that myself this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X