• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eh?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh?

What is this bollox?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

"Communities Secretary Ruth Kelly had prepared an uncompromising message on the need to tackle dangerous radicalism."

Ruth Kelly is a member of Opus Dei, a Roman Catholic organisation that follows a strict Vatican line on contraception, embryo research, cloning and abortion, this makes her the best choice to tackle religious issues...

Comment

Exactly that. Bollox.
      Lets club together and pay a bunch of Geordie lads to move to Saudi and demand that all the women get "tits oot for the lads".
      Lets see how they like our culture being imposed on them.
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

"A recent poll suggested that a third of British Muslims would rather live under Sharia law, while a similar number said they also hope Britain will one day become an Islamic state"

Nuff said

Comment

This is all just so much wind and piss.

These Muslims are trying to deflect any blame and gain a Muslim foothold at the same time.

If they are so keen to live under Sharia then they can exercise that most innalienable British right, the right of freedom of choice. They can chose to **** off to Saudi.

The main problem I see occuring with Muslims and Sharia family law is in the resolution of divorce settlements. Under UK law the wife is entitled to half and maintenance for the kids. Under Sharia she is entitled to much less. Oh and it is much harder to divorce in the first place under UK law.

There is nothing under British law stopping them practicing the family parts of Sharia. They only have to defer to British law when there is a dispute.
          If they were as Muslim as they claim to be there would be no dispute.

The Koran does not allow for Muslims to pick and chose which bits they will adhere to. It is all or nothing. Any Muslims who choses not to follow the word of God as defined in the Koran is by default going to hell. Therefore there should be no dispute amongst Muslims when it comes to Dowrys and divorce settlements. Therefore there should be no need to go to court to settle any dispute.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How can they demand Muslim Bank holidays when they dont believe in banks ?

bl**dy hypocrites if you ask me
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

x times a day

At a Gov't contract I did a couple of years ago, some minority idiot civil servants tried to demand that they'd be allowed to pray x times a day (is it 5?) and they put a request through their Union. Thankfully, the Union told them politely to f off. Home Office, HMRC etc are thinking twice about employing anyone called Mohammed/etc. Banks (especially investment banks) have stopped a long time ago. Sorry chaps, you've brought it upon yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                Therefore there should be no dispute amongst Muslims when it comes to Dowrys and divorce settlements. Therefore there should be no need to go to court to settle any dispute.
                A sentiment I am inclined to agree with. But it won't work. Ok, Mrs could accept the easier islamic divorce, then they would still need to petition and that would probably be OK. Settlement would of course be fooked. Even if she was prepared to accept the sharia based settlement as soon as any welfare was applied for that would all go pear shaped.

But I think you are largely right. If somebody wanted to live under Sharia law they could surely do that informally. That might be a reasonable approach. Unsatisfactory: it seems that imposition is what is wanted.

Comment

Want Sharia law and Muslim holidays? Feel free to get the next flight out to a Muslim country then.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
                    <snip>as soon as any welfare was applied for that would all go pear shaped.
                    This will be my last post on this subject and I am not going to back up anything I say as I could be here all day.

No Muslim should EVER be on BENEFIT. Islam requires all Muslims to be charitable to one another. Husbands to support ex wives and children, so much stuff......

I am not going to go off on one today......
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X