• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM for the attention of Cliphead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM for the attention of Cliphead

Good evening sir. Currently attempting to set up a SkyWatcher EQ2 with laser dot finder.

The rudimentary set up instructions (IKEA ones) are correctly carried out. Now having problems balancing the scope.

Following the instructions supplied, but to no avail.

For best result, adjust the altitude of the mount to between 15degrees and 30 degrees if possible by using the altitude adjustment T-Bolt.
    Mmm. Yes if you slacken this off it is possible. However, it is not possible to tighten this T-Bolt as the chuffing great counter weight keeps it sagging forwards to a lock. Counter weight it asjusted to mid shaft as per previous section.

Slowly unlock the R.A and Dec. lock knobs. Rotate the telescope until both the optical tube and counterweight rod is horizonal to the ground, and the telescope tube is to the side of the mount.
    Yep fine. However, given the first part didn't work, there was no alternative to the "if possible". However, we have done as it asks and SY02 is holding the scope manfully in this position as requested.

Tighten the Dec. lock knob.
    Yep, done this as tight as I dare.

tulip this is scary.

You done this before ole son?

'Elp.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Are you following these?
    http://www.skywatcher.com/downloads/...AL_EQ1and2.pdf

By the time I get to adjusting the altitude/declination/lattitude setting the tube and counterweights are attached so as to balance out.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
      Are you following these?
      http://www.skywatcher.com/downloads/...AL_EQ1and2.pdf

By the time I get to adjusting the altitude/declination/lattitude setting the tube and counterweights are attached so as to balance out.
      I am following the instructions that came with it. And slowly starting to

Perhaps IANCOTBAA

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Good evening sir. Currently attempting to set up a SkyWatcher EQ2 with laser dot finder.

The rudimentary set up instructions (IKEA ones) are correctly carried out. Now having problems balancing the scope.

Following the instructions supplied, but to no avail.

Mmm. Yes if you slacken this off it is possible. However, it is not possible to tighten this T-Bolt as the chuffing great counter weight keeps it sagging forwards to a lock. Counter weight it asjusted to mid shaft as per previous section.

Yep fine. However, given the first part didn't work, there was no alternative to the "if possible". However, we have done as it asks and SY02 is holding the scope manfully in this position as requested.

Yep, done this as tight as I dare.

tulip this is scary.

You done this before ole son?

'Elp.
        Give us the exact distance and height of the window, and we can work out the exact angle to see into the neighbours' bedroom.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Give us the exact distance and height of the window, and we can work out the exact angle to see into the neighbours' bedroom.
          Damn, foiled again.

OK off for a pot noodle in front a dodgy French movie on NetFlix.

Seriously though, these instructions are truly fookin awful.

Comment

What kinda mount does this thing have?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

So you've got the tripod, mount head, counterweight and tube all connected and it swings East to West or North to South?

-don't understand
              "However, it is not possible to tighten this T-Bolt as the chuffing great counter weight keeps it sagging forwards to a lock"

The counterweight should be stationary on its arm, "Tighten thumbscrew to lock counterweight in place"

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                What kinda mount does this thing have?
                It has a metal one. It has RA and DEC alignment. That's about as much as I can give you. The remotest bit of use?

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                  So you've got the tripod, mount head, counterweight and tube all connected and it swings East to West or North to South?

-don't understand
                  "However, it is not possible to tighten this T-Bolt as the chuffing great counter weight keeps it sagging forwards to a lock"

The counterweight should be stationary on its arm, "Tighten thumbscrew to lock counterweight in place"
                  Progress on that. We believe the counter weight is now balanced. Probably time to take her out for a spin.

Obviously if this can damage her please let me know, kind of nowish.

Comment

Christmas pudding hat installed.

Balvenie poured.

Let's rock

Comment

Working...
                    X