• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marital advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marital advice needed

I bought MrsBP a new washing machine for Christmas. Delivered today. Then I invited her to play with her new toy.

You would think she would be grateful not to have to take my dirty pants to the launderette. But she seems upset.

I am very confused. How should I handle this?

You have a valid passport?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I bought MrsBP a new washing machine for Christmas. Delivered today. Then I invited her to play with her new toy.

You would think she would be grateful not to have to take my dirty pants to the launderette. But she seems upset.

***** her!

Take this as advice - Either way

Comment

mudskipper had an earlier post with useful things to say to the missus....

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        You've loaded the dishwasher wrong
        The brussel sprouts could have done with a bit longer
        You've cross threaded the lid on the cranberry jelly
        Did you have to put the sandwich toaster there?
        You're treading mud into the carpet
        Who finished the toilet paper and didn't bring a new one up?
        You've put the butter back in the wrong place
        You've tipped the Pringles sideways
        Can you shut the door? You're always leaving it open

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          mudskipper had an earlier post with useful things to say to the missus....
          Find a man who'll chip in and quit moaning, HTH, failing that, get a divorce!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Some people just have no empathy BP. You seem to suffer from this problem, it is a burden
            let me put it to you this way

If mrs BP brought you a new ipad and said, 'here, play some games all day'
            If mrs BP brought you 48 cans of ale and a dvd and said 'drink these watch this'
            If mrs BP put on her makeup and dressed up in a red corset and fishies and said 'come and get it'

just thinks how fckng miserable YOU would be.

thats empathy that is
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

D.I.V.O.R.C.E
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Following on from Dactylion's post, does the machine have a vibration cycle?
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

The truth is when it comes to birthday and Christmas gifts women generally want impractical, romantic gifts.

The ancient law of gift-giving for women? - It’s the feeling of being cherished that counts: being given a household item doesn’t make us feel cherished – it makes us a worker bee being given a tool for the job!

Something personal, for her, is what was needed.

Women will regard the purchase of household goods as romantic as long as you obtain them on practically any other day of the year except days specifically designated for gifts.
                  So if you come home on some arbitrary day with a new washing machine, then you will likely receive many brownie points.

Come home with it on a birthday / Christmas and you are fooked ! – it is a present for the house, not her !
                  If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X