• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lazy agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy agent

I know in general recruitment agents can be quite lazy not doing much, but this is takes the biscuit!!

Perl and Shell Developer
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

That takes the piss

Comment

I'd give it a go though Jenny Pass | LinkedIn

Comment

You'd hope a Grammar School girl could spell grammar...

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          I know in general recruitment agents can be quite lazy not doing much, but this is takes the biscuit!!

Perl and Shell Developer
          Is this another for LinkedIn????
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Classic!!!

I love that she has all those endorsements on linked in but has only been doing the job 6 months. Although the 6 months might explain this mistake I guess.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Classic!!!

I love that she has all those endorsements on linked in but has only been doing the job 6 months. Although the 6 months might explain this mistake I guess.
              Are Linked In endorsement not a total a waste of time?, I would say yes, I have people endorsing me for stuff that they know nothing about... If someone takes the time to write a few lines fair enough but just clicking on a box saying 'Does kal know about Ninja Skills' is pointless IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                Are Linked In endorsement not a total a waste of time?, I would say yes, I have people endorsing me for stuff that they know nothing about... If someone takes the time to write a few lines fair enough but just clicking on a box saying 'Does kal know about Ninja Skills' is pointless IMO.
                IMO the endorsements are being used for two purposes:

1. Genuine support for your profile from peers
                2. I'll endorse you so you will do the same for me...

The later being the primary motive. People trying to improve their profile as recruiters will search using the endorsement keywords.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
                  IMO the endorsements are being used for two purposes:

1. Genuine support for your profile from peers
                  2. I'll endorse you so you will do the same for me...

The later being the primary motive. People trying to improve their profile as recruiters will search using the endorsement keywords.
                  But the latter dilutes the value of the former, apart from as you say helping with keyword searches.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                    But the latter dilutes the value of the former, apart from as you say helping with keyword searches.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X