• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed...

FINALLY got the last contract kinks worked out with my new contract and it signed, four weeks is the longest that's taken me but I suppose the Christmas period didn't help.

Good stuff:
    - very close to home compared to my last six years of contracting, it's a 30 minute drive (28 miles).
    - it's a 3 year contract.
    - I'm first in meaning I get to hire my own programme team and project managers rather than taking what's given.

Bad stuff:
    - it's a 3 year contract. 24 month rule blown already and so many other complications it's silly.
    - lowest rate I've had for a contract since 1999. Not really a bad thing as it's still a decent rate and reflects a 4 hour cut in my daily commute.
    - I've been told bluntly that it'll be a persistent fight over the three years to stop line managers putting their costs in my budget, the procurement policy allows people of certain grades to allocate costs to any cost centre regardless of whether they control it or not.

I suppose it's so early in the programme that I'll find out the other good and bad things as I go...

BOOM!!!!

Have a

(runs off to update CV! )
    Last edited by Damon; 31 December 2013, 11:21.

Comment

Good stuff have a !!
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

hire your own team...3 years ... I want to be added to Craigslist!!!

Comment

yay well done!

(PS need a project manager?)
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Happy New Boom!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  FINALLY got the last contract kinks worked out with my new contract and it signed, four weeks is the longest that's taken me but I suppose the Christmas period didn't help.

Good stuff:
                  - very close to home compared to my last six years of contracting, it's a 30 minute drive (28 miles).
                  - it's a 3 year contract.
                  - I'm first in meaning I get to hire my own programme team and project managers rather than taking what's given.

Bad stuff:
                  - it's a 3 year contract. 24 month rule blown already and so many other complications it's silly.
                  - lowest rate I've had for a contract since 1999. Not really a bad thing as it's still a decent rate and reflects a 4 hour cut in my daily commute.
                  - I've been told bluntly that it'll be a persistent fight over the three years to stop line managers putting their costs in my budget, the procurement policy allows people of certain grades to allocate costs to any cost centre regardless of whether they control it or not.

I suppose it's so early in the programme that I'll find out the other good and bad things as I go...
                  Cautious
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Cautious
                    ^ this

very happy for you, and many s and s but can three years be considered contracting? that's longer than most permanent positions - I would think any IR35 Cred is straight out with the 24 month rule?

Comment

Working...
                    X