• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thailand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thailand

Afternoon All,

Im going to Thailand in October, was wondering if any of you had been before and if you could recommend a means of getting to my money when over there??

I've weighed it up:

Credit Card: Charges for cash withdrawals, Interst charges, miss a payment get card frozen, etc..

Bank Account (Switch/Visa Debit card): cash withdrawal charges, fluctuating excange rate..

Nationwide bank account: Aparently they dont charge you to withdraw money abroad, anyone tried them?

Travellers Pay-Card (from example Travelex): charge the caard up with an amount from your bank account, but then get charged £2.50 per withdrawal

Im confused. all i want is an easy way to get some cash out over there and not pay through the nose... please tell me what you did when you went???

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
    Nationwide bank account: Aparently they dont charge you to withdraw money abroad, anyone tried them?
    This is the way to do it. Get a Nationwide credit card as well - you get the day's money market rate and no transaction charges.

Comment

Take all the cash you need with you...

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
        This is the way to do it. Get a Nationwide credit card as well - you get the day's money market rate and no transaction charges.

But do you want you CC bill to show “Ladyboys Night Club Drink $400” or “Big Lips Suck & Massage $600”
        HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

But do you want you CC bill to show “Ladyboys Night Club Drink $400” or “Big Lips Suck & Massage $600”
          hehe

no hence me wanting access to HARD CASH

Comment

Cash

Don't forget to ask for a receipt whoever you pay cash. Claim it back as 'expenses' .

Comment

im sure hector would love that :0)

Comment

Looks like someone cant get laid in England !

Comment

Not at rip off Britain prices anyway

(pssst - what are we laughing at?)

Comment

we're laughing at the bloke going to thailand to shag chix wiv dix !

Comment

Working...
                    X