• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your views please on this umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I work as contractor working through one agency then through an umbrella called payco tech , I am currently getting paid as a ltd company although I have not set one up yet, I've came across a few people who have recommended this umbrella <mod snip: URL removed> they pay tax on min wage although your earning 20 to 30 and hour and loan you your wage so to speak.....I have found the forum to be a god send and know there's people in the know on here and I would just like your views

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ajk View Post
    Hi I work as contractor working through one agency then through an umbrella called payco tech , I am currently getting paid as a ltd company although I have not set one up yet, I've came across a few people who have recommended this umbrella <mod snip> they pay tax on min wage although your earning 20 to 30 and hour and loan you your wage so to speak.....I have found the forum to be a god send and know there's people in the know on here and I would just like your views

Thanks in advance
    Are you unable to read?

Comment

Yes I can read

Comment

Based on the mess you are already in are you sure it's wise to consider going down some dodgy EBT route? Read the EBT thread.

Looked at that Payco site - not something I'd touch with a bargepole, self-employed?

Comment

Yes I can read
          Well it's a start. Apply that skill to this thread then. A good summary is in the final entry.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thank you , looks like I will stay clear of them then and set up a ltd Company then , maybe I should search all posts before asking some questions

Comment

I am currently getting paid as a ltd co but havent set one up yet.

so your current brolly would appear to be false accounting and you arecomplicent.

Regularise that asap since if it comes to light the penalties could be severe.

Comment

Yes I can read
                Good, then please do not put links or Urls for those types of umbrellas.

Thanks
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Sorry

Comment

As you're new, and it's the New Year, I'll be a bit nicer and give you probably the most useful tip ever that some daft contractors still ignore:

IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, OR YOU'RE ASKING YOURSELF "What's the catch?", THEN IT PROBABLY IS AND YOU SHOULD AVOID IT UNLESS YOU'RE CONVINCED 100% BY A REPUTABLE INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL THAT IT'S LEGIT.

If you choose to ignore your gut instinct about something being too good to be true then most likely you'll get stung while the organisers walk away with a shrug to their next "QC approved scheme". That said, it's your money and your orifices when the tax men come round for a friendly chat.

A further guiding rule: IF YOU'RE DRAFTING A THREAD ON HERE ASKING WHETHER SOMETHING IS LEGALLY, ETHICALLY OR MORALLY WRONG OR IN SOME WAY SUSPECT THEN YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME BY THINKING ABOUT A PAGE FULL OF "yes" OR "Don't be so daft" REPLIES.

Comment

Working...
                    X