• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

online filing incentive on Corp Tax return?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

online filing incentive on Corp Tax return?

Hi,
    I received £175 to my company bank account for the online end of year filing incentive.
    Where should I put this on the online corporation tax return please?
    "Other operating income"?
    I guess it shouldn't be subject to corp tax.
    Thanks

(PS - Olly's going back to permiedom)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
      Hi,
      I received £175 to my company bank account for the online end of year filing incentive.
      Where should I put this on the online corporation tax return please?
      "Other operating income"?
      I guess it shouldn't be subject to corp tax.
      Thanks
      You clearly don't know how HMRC works......
      Last edited by eek; 2 January 2014, 09:20.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is this a PAYE incentive? It is quite some time since HMRC gave the online filing incentive, I assume that it is two years of the incentive (one at £100 and one at £75)..

If this is what it is then it is not subject to Corporation tax and should be deducted from the profits that are entered into box 2 of the CT return.

Hope this helps!
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
          Is this a PAYE incentive? It is quite some time since HMRC gave the online filing incentive, I assume that it is two years of the incentive (one at £100 and one at £75)..

If this is what it is then it is not subject to Corporation tax and should be deducted from the profits that are entered into box 2 of the CT return.

Hope this helps!
          Craig
          Hi, yes that's the one, they kept it on ice as I there were no PAYE/NIC payments due for it be deducted from.
          I'll have a bash at re-working the numbers in a tick. It has been on the books as a creditor for a number of years though I don't know if it ever impacted profit. Only in the last tax year was it refunded.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
            Hi, yes that's the one, they kept it on ice as I there were no PAYE/NIC payments due for it be deducted from.
            I'll have a bash at re-working the numbers in a tick. It has been on the books as a creditor for a number of years though I don't know if it ever impacted profit. Only in the last tax year was it refunded.

Thanks
            I assume you mean a debtor rather than a creditor? On that basis, it sounds like it was reported in the P&L in a previous year? It is the year that it was reported on the P&L that it would affect the CT return, not when the money was actually received from HMRC.

Hope this helps!
            Craig

Comment

okey doke thanks, hmmm ....the discrepancy is elsewhere where then I'll get the magnifying glass out.

Last time I couldn't find a couple of hundred quid in the figures I just deducted it from the directors loan account (company owed me money) the way I figured is by doing it that way the worst case is I'm 20% of that amount out of pocket

Comment

Working...
              X