• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Bob Contractor experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bob Contractor experience

I arrived at new workplace today @ 8:30am and took 1 hour commute - not bad for the rate offered. I have never had the honour of working with a "bob" and I don't care for pre-judging people. Another 2 contractors arrived on site and are friendly enough and we are getting on well.

The bob contractor turns up at 10am and he is local..... he blames the public transport and then proceeds to show a disinterested look. We had to go through all the overview again because of the lateness - this is the all on the first day of our contracts. We then have a meeting for which he arrives 20 minutes late and we again have to repeat things...... While everybody else is getting on fine, he goes and has lunch alone without engaging or talking to anybody. He appears to have no interest in forming any kind of working relationship....

I don't think its fair to judge all bobs based on this of course and that I am not, but this is surely a bad impression for a bob to be giving....

Is this common?
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 2 January 2014, 16:15.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I arrived at new workplace today @ 8:30pm and took 1 hour commute - not bad for the rate offered. I have never had the honour of working with a "bob" and I don't care for pre-judging people. Another 2 contractors arrived on site and are friendly enough and we are getting on well.

The bob contractor turns up at 10am and he is local..... he blames the public transport and then proceeds to show a disinterested look. We had to go through all the overview again because of the lateness - this is the all on the first day of our contracts. We then have a meeting for which he arrives 20 minutes late and we again have to repeat things...... While everybody else is getting on fine, he goes and has lunch alone without engaging or talking to anybody. He appears to have no interest in forming any kind of working relationship....

I don't think its fair to judge all bobs based on this of course and that I am not, but this is surely a bad impression for a bob to be giving....

Is this common?
    Is this Bob's first day too?

I get the impression "Bobs" are very cliquey so if he is the only one on site it might take someone to approach him and integrate
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Is this Bob's first day too?

I get the impression "Bobs" are very cliquey so if he is the only one on site it might take someone to approach him and integrate
      First day for 3 out of the 4 of us including the bob. I did expect bobs to at least be more by the book in terms of time keeping and professionalism......

Comment

First day for 3 out of the 4 of us including the bob. I did expect bobs to at least be more by the book in terms of time keeping and professionalism......
        I don't think its a Bob issue you have there. More a can't be arsed issue bordering on downright rudeness.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's a bad impression for ANY contractor to be giving.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

So you're assuming his behaviour/attitude are because he's Indian?

Comment

Oh - and 'Bob' refers to out-source personnel flown in from abroad.

If he's local the term is 'Indian'.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

<placeholder for Coolcat>

Blah blah, unlimited ICT visas, blah blah, stealing our NHS blah blah, dog born in a stable doesn't make it a horse blah blah, Bernard Manning was right blah blah rivers of blood blah blah, KKK lynchings too good for em, blah blah, send the buggers back blah blah...

Comment

I arrived at new workplace today @ 8:30pm
                  But its not 8:30pm yet only just got there in Bobland
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

what would it be like if one "english" contractor went down the pub for lunch would all Bobs, Germans, Irish, Dutch, French et al assume then that ALL "english" contractors go to the pub for lunch?

- might have been true 20 years ago ;-)
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X