• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Northerner Contractor Experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Northerner Contractor Experience

First day at a new contract today. Agent c0cked up and told me 10am start when everyone else got there at 9. Bit embarrassing so tried not to bring too much attention to myself for the rest of the day. The others seem a bit stand-offish, especially one northern contractor who kept glaring at me, tutting and rolling his eyes. Not sure what I've done to deserve this as I don't know the guy from Adam. Perhaps it's because I'm Indian?

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, but you know what Northerners are like, eh?

All whippets and chip butties. I find it hard to tell one from the other. And those accents

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      First day at a new contract today. Agent c0cked up and told me 10am start when everyone else got there at 9. Bit embarrassing so tried not to bring too much attention to myself for the rest of the day. The others seem a bit stand-offish, especially one northern contractor who kept glaring at me, tutting and rolling his eyes. Not sure what I've done to deserve this as I don't know the guy from Adam. Perhaps it's because I'm Indian?

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

I had one contract like that, one guy even refused to shake my hand when I tried to introduce myself in a meeting lol. Bunch of jokers, just keep your head down and keep invoicing.

Comment

When you say northern do you mean north of Watford Gap or up in the wilds of the Midlands?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Yeah, but you know what Northerners are like, eh?

All whippets and chip butties. I find it hard to tell one from the other. And those accents
            You can't tell the difference between a whippet and a chip butty?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I've never worked with a Northern contractor. Have met one or two socially though. Apparently they like to bare their butt cheeks in public. Has anyone else come across northern contractors who do this?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I've never worked with a Northern contractor. Have met one or two socially though. Apparently they like to bare their butt cheeks in public. Has anyone else come across northern contractors who do this?
                    Maybe its just you that encourages them?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X