• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Return of the Specie (ZX)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the Specie (ZX)

I want one..

ZX Spectrum to be resurrected as Bluetooth keyboard - Telegraph

How can this thread possibly not be by zeity???
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Still got a ZX+ in the cellar somewhere..
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Still got a ZX+ in the cellar somewhere..
        Your stocks are rising.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Much as it was fun at the time why would I want to go back and play Manic Miner? Nostalgia just for the sake of it?

Bollocks.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It's just not wot it was.
            Some 12 year old's gonna get excited about 8 bit graphics or whatever it was

What's their market? My generation? Good luck.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              them were the days.

Anyone want to buy my stock of Z80 chips?

One careful owner, never raced nor rallied.

Speccie, one of the first clients asked me to write an accounts program that printed to some addon hardware on thermal paper and backed up to tape. Was quicker and safer to do it on paper but cut my teeth on dev and they were delighted cos of bragging rights.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Anyone else remember that little Sinclair printer that worked by burning the surface off a roll of silver covered paper? Worked rather well.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I don't know why anyone would want to use that terrible rubber keyboard.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    I don't know why anyone would want to use that terrible rubber keyboard.
                    They were great at the time, a real keyboard was damn expensive, it was the BBC, Dragon, Commodore (erm what the hell was that thing called?) and the likes where they got better, but the Spectrum was a LOT cheaper.

I worked for an IBM warranty company out of Uni and the keyboards were £217 + VAT to them back in the dark days of the PC and XT in the 1980's.

Comment

Working...
                    X