• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spelling anybody?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spelling anybody?

Jobs - Homepage | Login Now | Tell a Friend
    Bromak

Project Manager/Design & Build Site Manager Contract

Due to an increase in work our client is looking at taking an experienced freelance Project Manager on to ruin the project from the design stages to final handover. Our ideal candidate would have worked on design and build projects previously and have a good overall knowledge across the different construction sectors. The project is worth over 5 million pounds and will consist of demolition heavy civils work then a number of different design and build industrial and commercial buildings. Our ideal candidate must have: worked on similar projects. Can co-ordinate from the design stages. Responsible for the site H&S. Liaising between clients and contractors. Assisting the commercial team. Weekly meeting and plans. If you believe you have the right skills we are looking for and you are available to take this long contract then please call Cameron Berry on 01204 532500 or email for more information. The contract is going to be scheduled for around 14 months.
    Location Greater Manchester, Lancashire
    Country England
    Duration 14 months
    Rate 23-26/ Hour
    Employment Business Bromak
    Contact Construction Bolton
    Telephone 01204 532500
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JSCBBB/243218
    Posted Date 15/08/2006 14:37:50
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

That's amn honest advt.
      Project manager ruin the project most of the times

Comment

On a distantly related note, there's a well-known British company that demands the highest of standards from its contractors, but on its contract specs it calls its IT department 'substantive'. I still haven't found a polite way to tell them not to use fancy words if they don't know what they mean.

Comment

Just in case it escaped anyone, the word "ruin" was spellt correctly...

Comment

Quick ... look at this one before they fix it

http://othernews.uk.myway.com/articl...5640328A0.html
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Currently on CUK search :-

P/T Community Service Ass Contract

Part time vacancy based in Dover 8.30am-12.30pm Mon- Fri, to undertake office administration and provide an effective housing management service to an agreed level. Monitor and action rent arrears cases to an agreed level, prepare all paperwork to the housing management policies and procedures. Interview tenants within the office environment and answer telephone calls. Must be able to deal with difficult people face to face. Dover. Must have excellent clerical and administrative skills.

.... must be called Ben.

Comment

And on a similar theme....

Business Analist Contract

Proteus Europe are currently seeking a Functional Analyst for an excellent opportunity opening in Brussels. The role will involve writing internal and external business documents; any financial experience would be a bonus. This is an English-speaking role with knowledge of French or Dutch being advantageous.

Comment

Read this one carefully.... !

Salary: Market
                  Company: Harvey Nash
                  Job type: Contract
                  Date posted: 14/08/2006 18:00:51

My large client in Milton Keynes requires a Network Administrator for a 3 month contract, this is a 2nd and 3rd line support role and there is a requirement for tulip work. you will require the following skills; MS Server 2003, XP, Active Directory and MS Exchange 2003. The advantageous skills include SQL 2000 and Veritas Backup. Please forward you CV ASAP Harvey Nash Plc operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies

I won't be applying for that one then !!

Comment

Electrician / Fitter
                    working as part of a small team responsible for the installation and modification of CCTV & PIS on Rolling-stock (trains) wiring of modules, installation of cables, installation of cameras. applicants must be fit and active as the role includes removal of seating and panels. most work is done at night therfore applicants must have a flexible approach to hours of work

!!

Comment

Working...
                    X