• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Water water everywhere.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water water everywhere.

Happily enough for me, it's the other side of the canal.

Haven't seen the marsh that full of water for yonks.

Quite impressive in its way.

And all the boards did shrink

Comment

Is this a cunning plan by the Giant Alien Amphibians?

Comment

Apparently next door's workpersons have broken our soil pipe.

Tulip tulip everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Apparently next door's workpersons have broken our soil pipe.

Tulip tulip everywhere
          That's not good, make sure they dig out the pipe properly and replace it rather than just patching the thing which will break again before long.

Comment

Yes yes but how is all this water affecting house prices?

London to become the new venice?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              That's not good, make sure they dig out the pipe properly and replace it rather than just patching the thing which will break again before long.
              I'm not there - will leave in Mr ms's capable hands (but will suggest he gets some sort of documentation so there's a comeback if it all goes wrong)

Comment

If I had 4 foot of water in my house it would be a great consolation that my neighbour would have at least 8 foot in his.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  If I had 4 foot of water in my house it would be a great consolation that my neighbour would have at least 8 foot in his.
                  With an attitude like that, we could be great friends.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Took the dog out for a walk at about 8:30 this morning, just before High tide. Normally we'd venture down to a local playing field right on the coast, chuck the ball about for a bit and then go looking for rabbits along the coastal path.

Got there this morning and the waves were smashing over onto the field. Walking along the path would have been Darwin award material.

It's still howling and pnissing it down.

Hmmm, local news saying sea front restaurants deploying sandbags before tonight's high tide which will be worse. Pier and Esplanade covered in debris.
                    Last edited by Pondlife; 3 January 2014, 15:30.

Comment

Working...
                    X