• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking immigration hysteria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking immigration hysteria

Apart from the fact that this article is all "hypothetical" i.e. made up numbers, look at the comments section

New migrants could hypothetically cost the UK billions | UK | News | Daily Express

Mere bigotry? There's some pretty nasty bile in there that would make even a bigot blush.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Apart from the fact that this article is all "hypothetical" i.e. made up numbers, look at the comments section

New migrants could hypothetically cost the UK billions | UK | News | Daily Express

Mere bigotry? There's some pretty nasty bile in there that would make even a bigot blush.
    I'm waiting for CoolCat...

Comment

Reading the Time recently is a struggle. The even were counting down the hours to the influx of immigrants with commenters chanting ukip nonsense and eu burn.

Glad I'm not living amongst such shortsighted individuals.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

which bit do you disagree with?

Its the exact opposite of migrants bring wealth to our society stories we have been seeing. They have taken a small minority, grabbed a small number of figures and rounded it up to represent the whole of the migration and added in values that make their case seem logical at first glance.

Surely you should be celebrating at such incisive reporting and call anyone who disagrees with you an imbecile?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Waiting for Romanian immigration must be like having sex with Sting. Takes ages to come and it'll probably be an anticlimax.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            which bit do you disagree with?

Its the exact opposite of migrants bring wealth to our society stories we have been seeing. They have taken a small minority, grabbed a small number of figures and rounded it up to represent the whole of the migration and added in values that make their case seem logical at first glance.

Surely you should be celebrating at such incisive reporting and call anyone who disagrees with you an imbecile?
            I think immigration of hard working people is a welcomed. Especially when their British counterparts fail to do a quality job and want to charge three times as much. You'll not find me contesting that. I've read many an article of 'My kitchen was fitted by Bulgarian builders who worked 5 days flat to see the job done whereas a UK builder had a 3 month waiting list, cost three times as much, and it was cup of tea time by 9am having only arrived on-site an hour earlier'

I disagree with the bits that focus pick pockets coming our way, to make use of our welfare state etc. It's a complete knee jerk reaction from the right in fear of loosing votes to ukip, is it not?

Besides growth in the UK is dependent on us becoming a super consumer nation, not competitive manufacturers <those days are dead and buried>, we're obsessed by profit & short term goals.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Is now the wrong time to say I'm a UKIP member?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                You're trolling, I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I knew I'd seen you somewhere:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    You're trolling, I can tell.
                    I'm afraid not.

And I'm on my local branch committee.

Comment

Working...
                    X