• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Seven Stages of Guardian attitudes to Eastern European immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seven Stages of Guardian attitudes to Eastern European immigration

The Seven Stages of Guardian attitudes to Eastern European immigration – Telegraph Blogs

cheers, made me laugh.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Contains a link to this, which really made me chuckle, a lot!

New Home Office advice: drink 60 units of alcohol a day if you want to paint really well – Telegraph Blogs

The author of psychothrillers like The Talented Mr Ripley, Patricia Highsmith ... chain-smoked Gauloises, and kept a bottle of vodka by her bedside, so she could have a snifter first thing ... As for friends, she had none, apart from 300 beloved pet snails, which she would take to literary parties in her handbag ... When she went abroad she would smuggle the live snails out of England by hiding them under her breasts.

Comment

Seems to me rather reliant on hyperbole. Must be a slow news day.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I thought that a much funnier article - perhaps a link to it from the "dry January" thread (c:

The author of psychothrillers like The Talented Mr Ripley, Patricia Highsmith ... chain-smoked Gauloises, and kept a bottle of vodka by her bedside, so she could have a snifter first thing ... As for friends, she had none, apart from 300 beloved pet snails, which she would take to literary parties in her handbag ... When she went abroad she would smuggle the live snails out of England by hiding them under her breasts.
          Much stiffer than the old pencil test...?

Comment

Working...
          X