• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know a good website hosting company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know a good website hosting company

I am looking to host a domain - anyone know any good hosting company with loads of features?

I am open to options. Thanks guys..

Listing some of the features you require might help ??

Or, are you going to come back tomorrow and recommend someone you've found, who you also just happen to own ???
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

if i knew what i needed i wouldnt make a post here ...

I dont own a hosting company and this is a geniene question..

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post

How on Earth can anyone help you if you don't know what you need. Are looking to use Linux or Windows? PHP / MySQL? Need Ruby etc?

For what it's worth, I use HostGator and have the reseller package because it's cheap, feature rich and their support are very good.

Comment

No probs with Hostpapa so far although I don't find their documentation very good.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post

Apologies, the question seemed so ******* dumb I didn't think it could be real.

What are you installing on it ? Shopping cart ? Wordpress/Joomla ? Database driven booking system ?

A couple of HTML pages with a picture of a rabbit ?

If you give the assembled throng even a vague idea of what you're trying to do, you might get some sensible answers
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Go for a full colo rack at leaseweb, 799 euro a month, just what you need.

Comment

Have a look at Vidahost, I host mine with them and have recommended to may others

https://www.vidahost.com/
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

+1 for VidaHost.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Go for a full colo rack at leaseweb, 799 euro a month, just what you need.
                    Are leaseweb any good? They seem to have a very good deal on a 16gb ssd dedicated server. 69euros a month....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X