• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3D movies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D movies

I know some folks see this as a fad, but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for movies with amazing 3D content.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Gravity

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Gravity
      +1 Forget the plot - just duck at the appropriate moments.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        +1 Forget the plot - just duck at the appropriate moments.
        Was there a plot?

Best bit was Clooney dying, anyone with any grasp of physics would know he didn't need to do what he did, but I'm glad he did it anyway...

Comment

Are you 18+?

Comment

Spiderman
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I quite liked the 3D content in Dredd but then I could be a tad biased....

My other half raves about Avatar in 3D.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am not a fan of 3D as I don't think it is anywhere near perfect so I always opt to watch new films in 3D. But what annoys me now is a lot of the cinematography in new films is done for dramatic 3d effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  I know some folks see this as a fad, but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for movies with amazing 3D content.
                  Maybe they should remake L'Arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat in 3D, and have everyone running out of the cinema

+1 for Avatar, I'd imagine, although I haven't seen it yet in 3D. Looking forward to Avatar 2 despite the probably infantile plot (like the first).
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                    I am not a fan of 3D as I don't think it is anywhere near perfect so I always opt to watch new films in 3D. But what annoys me now is a lot of the cinematography in new films is done for dramatic 3d effects.
                    I agree whole heartedly on the cinematography comment.

The 3D effects tend to give me a headache (I think my eyes must be a bit wonky) but I don't find them terribly convincing either so I buy tickets for 2D.

Comment

Working...
                    X