• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wtf is wrong with these idiots ?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf is wrong with these idiots ?!

Nature is fascinating, and the power of the Sea in Winter perhaps the most spectacular, but WHY are people so stupid in their quest to get a closer look or photo ?
    I'm furious at the idiots in the news over the last few days putting themselves, their kids, and the emergency services at risk by their actions.
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

People are knobs generally.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

What gets me is how every Christmas without fail someone drowns trying to rescue their dog that has been swept into a torrent.

Then, equally inevitably, the dog manages to struggle out of the water downstream and survives

Don't they ever learn?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        What gets me is how every Christmas without fail someone drowns trying to rescue their dog that has been swept into a torrent.

Then, equally inevitably, the dog manages to struggle out of the water downstream and survives

Don't they ever learn?
        Not they don't! Perhaps that due to being dead though....

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
          Nature is fascinating, and the power of the Sea in Winter perhaps the most spectacular, but WHY are people so stupid in their quest to get a closer look or photo ?
          I'm furious at the idiots in the news over the last few days putting themselves, their kids, and the emergency services at risk by their actions.
          Relatively easily done unfortunately. Agree the power of the sea is amazing, to see it in full force is an awesome site. Unfortunately the odd wave during the push of the tide can be far bigger than any other, especially during the storms we have witnesses over the last few days. Very easy to get caught out. If I have lived nearer the the sea I would have gone down there for an hour or two so feel the power and soak up the spray, beats sitting on your 'arris and watch the box.

The lad in Devon getting washed away was a real shame, he knew the area and the risks but was maybe just a bit too young to fully understand how high some of the freak waves can be. Very sad. The idiot who went swimming in Porthleven on NYE was a wally though, total lack of understanding. The beach he went in off is one of the most dangerous in the area.

Very easy to get caught out in relatively calm conditions, so an exceptionally big wave in conditions like this can take people out to sea who thought they were being sensible enough.

Comment

Recent tides have been quite spectacular down by me with a tidal range of +12M. There are now chunks missing from the coastal path and there's debris everywhere. The path is 2M above the highest normal tides but on Friday only an idiot would have tried to walk it.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Don't they ever learn?
              And the other thing that always seems to happen is owners chasing their dogs over ice-covered ponds and rivers.

Comment

Err, isnt this a good thing ? The more this happens the more chance there is of stupid people being eliminated and this world will be left with only clever genes.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

We often sea people doing this on the Cobb at Lyme Regis (now ruined by Hugh Fearnley Wittingspoon and his bunch of wannabe downshifter hangers on).

Some of these people have no appreciation of the fact that, even though it's the English Channel, some of those waves come in totally unimpeded from Brazil.

Comment

During my teen's we lived in the west coast of Scotland, during January the tide spray would often land on the lounge window. I think be todays comments we should have moved out of the building. Back then it was no big deal, walking up to the local shops for a pint of milk and the swell of the tide meters away.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X