• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Up the Glovers!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up the Glovers!!

A thoroughly enjoyable time was had at a rain soaked Huish Park yesterday afternoon watching our local team stick one up the Essex boys (Leyton Orient, who?). Still I mustn't gloat but it's always good to get one over the Metropolis...

It was actually all part of an event we do every year. 12th night celebrations. Ok, I know it's not technically 12th night but it was the last opportunity to get trolleyed without it impeding on my job!

Following the game we had dinner at the Mildmay Arms at Queen Camel and a few beers at the White Post near Marston Magna (place names included for those of you who know the area).

A really inneresting thing about the White post Inn is that if you are stood at the far end of the bar you are in Somerset. Move to the other end and you're in Dorset. I always tell the landlord that he should market it as the pub in 2 counties but he's a real old stick in the mud & holds no truck with my suggestions lol.

Anyway, the real point of this post is to ascertain whether or not anyone else does the 12th night thing. Always been a tradition in my family. Get the decs down, have a bit of a spring clean and then one final round of gluttony before the drudgery of normality kicks in again.

No dry January nonsense here! (by the way, I notice that some charity is now plugging dry January on TV now. I bet pub landlords really hate that...)

Okay, whose sockie is this ? This attempt to replicate Gricerboy is pretty awful.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

My sister celebrates 12th night but only because it's her birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Okay, whose sockie is this ? This attempt to replicate Malcolm Buggeridge is pretty awful.
        FTFY

see http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-part-1-a.html

Comment

Same thing, fairly sure that all 3 feeble personas have the same owner. I admit that I have no idea why people bother with these sockies.

Comment

Very very dull. This makes the other patients seem interesting.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X