• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cardiff hotels Q

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardiff hotels Q

I've got a choice between the Marriott and Jury's, both for about £75 on our corporate rate (but being outside IR35 I will of course be paying myself and claiming back.) Only requirements are net access and a nice bar (adult ppv a bonus . )
    Anyone stayed at either, and any comments / recommendations?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Both much of a muchness - more or less right slap bang in the city centre and both within 5 minutes of each other. Marriott is opposite, ha ha, Cardiff's cafe quarter and usually has smart totty in the hotel... Jurys is much the same but is next to the Cardiff International Arena so lots of people stay there when functions are on at the CIA.

Just around the corner from both is a hotel owned by actor John Malkovich called, I think, 'the big sleep'.

http://www.thebigsleephotel.com/home.asp?hotelid=1

Comment

Where's Cardiff?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Stayed at Jurys, has WiFi. Its ok.

Also styed at Holiday Inn opposite the castle, thats not up to much.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Remember Mordy, abusing hotel and waitress staff is a hanging offence in Wales.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            I've got a choice between the Marriott and Jury's, both for about £75 on our corporate rate (but being outside IR35 I will of course be paying myself and claiming back.) Only requirements are net access and a nice bar (adult ppv a bonus . )
            Anyone stayed at either, and any comments / recommendations?
            wahoo! mordy's heading down to my town!
            "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Remember Mordy, abusing hotel and waitress staff is a hanging offence in Wales.
              I suspect the service in Wales will be better than the Park (I'd wager the service in Guantanamo Bay is better than the service in the Park )
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                wahoo! mordy's heading down to my town!
                Don't get too excited love, wait 'til you've seen me, then you can get excited...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  Don't get too excited love, wait 'til you've seen me, then you can get excited...
                  promises promises!
                  "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

stayed in jury's last year ... nice foyer .. room was tulipe ...

Comment

Working...
                    X