• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rooms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooms

Interesting how we name the rooms in our houses. Especially the odd ones. Living room, sitting room, drawing room etc. Are they really for sitting and drawing?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Interesting how we name the rooms in our houses. Especially the odd ones. Living room, sitting room, drawing room etc. Are they really for sitting and drawing?
    Not sure about you, but I definitely read in the library and swim in the pool room at mine, but I only play snooker in my billiards room.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The office in my gaff is called "The Orifice", which given the amount of utter tulip that comes out of it, is probably pretty apt!

We also have a "Utility Room" but I've not found any old Norton CDs in there yet

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Drawing is short for "Withdrawing".
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Actually quite interesting, its watching the lovely Lucy Worsely series about the various rooms in the house (its fairly light weight history).

Drawing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

remember most of the rooms are a fairly modern inventions.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My office is more of a studio laboratory junk room. Dad's room seems the appropriate name for it.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Drawing is short for "Withdrawing".
              Well, I learned something today. I can go back to sleep now

Comment

And the kitchen is for unwrapping the takeaways.

Comment

If you leave your living room do you die?

Somebody on the radio this morning talking about "the Family Room" which I suspect is another one of those US imports.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My sister's house has a Rumpus Room (a kind of basement with toys, beer fridge, sofa and snooker table). Apparently they're quite common in Oz.

Comment

Working...
                    X