• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut them off, they call Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut them off, they call Police

So, when you cut a client off for non payment & pull their hosting, are they A: meant to pay up, or B: Send the feds round to take a load of kit away for over a year. Ours chose B & my new years resolution in 2014 is to put an end to it all once & for all. Everyone knows its going nowhere as its a commercial contract & we've since won against them in civil court & got paid.

Cops already admitted the warrant they had was illegally issued to someone who wasnt entitled to get it & I have that in writing, but they don't seem to see that then makes their taking of kit...theft!

Any legal eagles around here got any cool strategies which I should be considering - criminal lawyers are hopeless.

Run that by us again...

Comment

If I understand correctly a warrant was issued and certain goods of yours were seized by bailiffs but the enforcers of the warrant have since declared in writing that the warrant and therefore the seizure of goods were illegal. From your use of language I would guess you are American? Is this not a matter that can be dealt with in a civil court?? Assuming the value of the goods is under a certain level I can't see any problem with pursuing this avenue and representing yourself in court.
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

lol

Originally posted by sgxluk View Post
        So, when you cut a client off for non payment & pull their hosting, are they A: meant to pay up, or B: Send the feds round to take a load of kit away for over a year. Ours chose B & my new years resolution in 2014 is to put an end to it all once & for all. Everyone knows its going nowhere as its a commercial contract & we've since won against them in civil court & got paid.

Cops already admitted the warrant they had was illegally issued to someone who wasnt entitled to get it & I have that in writing, but they don't seem to see that then makes their taking of kit...theft!

Any legal eagles around here got any cool strategies which I should be considering - criminal lawyers are hopeless.
        so you cut them off for non payment, they send round the cops - superb.

why not report the police to the police as robbers.

Comment

Why were the police involved in a civil matter?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            Why were the police involved in a civil matter?
            Good question!

As usual we have been given about 1 tenth of the story and the rest will be drip fed to us....
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Good question!

As usual we have been given about 1 tenth of the story and the rest will be drip fed to us....
              I'll take a look in the OP's hard drive and report back,

Comment

To paraphrase NLUK, have you talked to a lawyer?

Comment

Working...
                X